Dr. M. V. Ravibabu prior to his joining at NIRDPR he was served about 7 years as a Professor and former Chair, School of Civil Engineering, VIT University, Vellore. He received M.Tech in Remote Sensing from BIT, Mesra, Ranchi, Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from IIT Roorkee. After his PhD he went for Postdoctoral Research at Monash University, Melbourne, he is a recipient of Endeavour Research Awards from the Australian Government. He got various awards which include, MHRD Institute Fellowship, ARCNESS-Australia, IALE-Netherlands, CSIR, DST Young Scientist award for both Project and travel grant. He is Guest, Topic, Academic Editor.
Currently working on Geospatial Applications towards Sustainable Rural Development more specific on agriculture, water and land resources. Also working on Hyperpectral and Mulitspectral Image Analysis on crop identifications and various vegetation indices and Landuse modeling . Previously worked on Urban Modelling and Energy Applications (solar / biomass) and produced significant publications.
(1) Title: Development of Geospatial data module for crop production suitability index (Geo-CROP) Funding Agency : DST Fast Track Young Scientist Rs. 17,88,000/- Duration : 2013-2016 [as a PI]
(2) Title: Assessment and Change detection of selected tanks in Gurla Mandal, Vizianagaram district using spatial technology; Funding Agency: Dhan Foundation: Rs. 2.25 lac Duration 6 months (Feb-Juy-2018)
(3) Title: Study and comparison of hydrological parameters using TanDEM-X Funding Agency: German Aerospace Center (DLR) – Germany Cost: In the form of Satellite Data Posting Class 12m and Posting Class 30m over Nallamala Forest Area, India. Duration: 2017-2018 [as a PI]
(4) Title: Development of spectral library of various rice crops using hyperspectral sensor (AVIRIS) in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, Funding Agency: Indian Space Research Organization, Rs. 21, 00, 000/-, Duration: 2017-2020 [as a PI] Departmental Projects
(5) Title: Use of Geo-Informatics in Rural Roads Projects under PMGSY in the States of Gujarat, Odisha and Uttarakand, Funding Agency: Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Duration: 2018-2020[as a PI]
(6) Title: Use of Geo-Informatics in Rural Roads Projects under PMGSY in the States of Tripura, Madhya Pradesh and Sikkim, Funding Agency: Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Duration: 2018-2020 [as a Co-PI]
(7) Title: Agro-Climatic Planning and Information Bank (APIB)in Tehri-Gharwal District, Uttarakhand, Funding Agency: Ministry of Agri.Govt of Uttarakahnd, Duration: 2018-2021[as a Co- PI]
(8) Title: Third Party evaluation of Geo-tagging of MGNREGS Assets, Funding Agency: Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Duration: 2018-2021[as a Co- PI]
(9) Title: Establishment of CGARD Technology Centre at Madagascar, Funding Agency: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Duration: 2018-2021[as a Co- PI] (10) Title: Rural Roads Project (PMGSY II &SFA) of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Funding Agency: Andaman & Nicobar Admin, Duration: 2018-2021[as a Co- PI]
H-Index 10; Cumulative Impact Factor 108.163
(c) CIRDAP – all rights reserved