Dr Gavali has done Ph.D in Environmental Sciences from JNU, New Delhi with 18 years experience in the areas of teaching, training, research and consulting at Universities, NIRDPR, Hyderabad and in the international organizations like JICA. World Bank etc in the fields relating to Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Water and Watershed Management, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction, Biodiversity Governance, Geo-informatics application in Natural Resource Management. He has also successfully guided 12 PhD students in the abovementioned areas. He has number of publications in the peer reviewed journals at national and international level.
Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Water and Watershed Management, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction, Biodiversity Governance.
1. Sustainable Livelihoods and Adaptations to Climate Change for DAY – NRLM. 2. Biodiversity Governance for NBA. 3. Watershed Planning and Assessment for WDC – PMKSY.
4. Carbon Sequestration / offsetting potential through MNREGS. 5. Climate Proofing of villages in India.
1. Mandal, A.K., Khan, M.A., Alamgir, M.S., Hoq, M.S., Kundu, N.D., Islam. M.M., (2021). Existing Value Chain Assessment of Mungbean Marketing in Selected Areas of Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University, 19(4): 521–527. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5455/JBAU.
2. Himu Bain, Anup Kumar Mandal, Md. Monjurul Islam, Md. Abu Saiyem and Md. Shah Alamgir (2021). MUD CRAB (SCYLLA SERRATA) VALUE ADDITION ANALYSIS OF DIFFERENT ACTORS IN BANGLADESH, American Journal of Agricultural Science, Engineering and Technology, DOI: https://doi.org/10.54536/
3. Md. Shajahan Kabir, Md. Monjurul Islam, Monzur Morshed, Shakawath Hussain and Rahima Akther (2021). Gender Role in Agricultural Technology: A Case of Rural Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 39(8): 68-79, 2021; Article no.AJAEES.70459 ISSN: 2320-7027; DOI: https://doi.org/10.9734/
4. Md. Hamidur Rahman, Md. Shajahan Kabir, Monira Parvin Moon, Atia Sharmin Ame and Md. Monjurul Islam* (2021). Gender Role on Food Security and Consumption Practices in Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 39(9): 141-150, 2021; Article no.AJAEES.71322 ISSN: 2320-7027; DOI: https://doi.org/10.9734/
5. Depenbusch, L., Farnworth, C. R., Schreinemachers, P., Myint, T., Islam, M. M., Kundu, N. D., & Nair, R. M. (2021). When Machines Take the Beans: Ex-Ante Socioeconomic Impact Evaluation of Mechanized Harvesting of Mungbean in Bangladesh and Myanmar. Agronomy 2021, 11, 925. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/
6. Farnworth, C.R.; San, A.M.; Kundu, N.D.; Islam, M.M.; Jahan, R.; Depenbusch, L.; Nair, R.M.; Myint, T.; Schreinemachers, P. (2020). How Will Mechanizing Mung Bean Harvesting Affect Women Hired Laborers in Myanmar and Bangladesh? Sustainability 2020, 12, 7870. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/
7. Md Shah Alamgir, Mostafiz Rubaiya Binte, Md Rashid Ahmed, Md Monjurul Islam, Md Monirul Islam, Jasim Uddin Ahmed. (2019). Increasing Rice Production Eliminating the Vicious Chain of Food Gap: The Review of Long-Term Outlook of Rice Sector in Bangladesh. Int J Environ Sci Nat Res. 2019; 20(1): 556028. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19080/
8. Moon MP, Kabir MS, Begum F and Islam MM (2019). Review article on “Gender Violence: A Case of Rural Northwestern Region of Bangladesh” Sociology and Criminology, Volume -7, Issue-1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4177/2375-
9. Md Monjurul Islam, Tofael Ahamed, and Ryozo Noguchi (2018). Land Suitability and Insurance Premiums: A GIS-based Multicriteria Analysis Approach for Sustainable Rice Production, Sustainability 2018, 10, 1759; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/
10. M M Islam, R N Ali, M M Salehin and A H M S Islam (2009): Rural Women and Poverty: A study on the role of RDRS for Poverty Alleviation, Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/jbau.
(c) CIRDAP – all rights reserved