Dr. Usharani Boruah is currently working as a Librarian in Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP). Before joining CIRDAP, she has worked as a Librarian in various organizations. Among them were Apollo Hospitals, Dhaka; University of Development Alternative (UODA), Dhaka; Department of Bangla, University of Jagannath University, Dhaka; Central Indian School Moscow, Russia; Embassy of Indian, Moscow, Russian Federation. More than 22 years of experience in Library and information Science, she has been working as a Librarian in both Russia and Bangladesh.
“My research interests include the in the fields of Library and Information Science. I also have expertise in the knowledge management in Integrated Rural Development . I have work experience on Gender issues and Good practices of IRD Model in Asia-pacific region incorporating the role of Climate change, food production and System, Rural women, agriculture and sustainable Development Goals.
1 . “Library and Information education in India in a Modern Status and Characteristic” International Scientific Conference: “Library activities and Democracy” Moscow 1997. 2.11-07 N0: 3127
2. “Library activities and Democracy” Journal: Moskovskye Gos-Uni Kulturi -1997
3. “Ethnic Problems and role of Scientific culture in Modern Society.”
Journal “Rossiieskaya Gos Biblioteka” 1997
4. Developing CIRDAP institutional repository for member countries. Seminar on Cross-talk of Digital Resources Management step towards Digital Bangladesh. https://www.balid.org/sites/default/files/NatSemDRM2015_Proceedings_20150822_final_secured.pdf
Article published in News Papers
1. Women is the Light of God
2. Recognizing the Rural Women http://www.theindependentbd.com/arcprint/details/123260/2017-11-12
3. A Tribute to the Pioneer of Women’s Rights
4. A happy world for our children
5. Social media and its benefits
6. Using Open Source for Digital Bangladesh
(c) CIRDAP – all rights reserved